Two days before your scheduled procedure you should start a clear liquid diet, see below.
Follow the instructions below:
- At 12:00 pm, fill 1 cup with 150 ml of cold water.
- Empty contents of 1 sachet of PICOPREP® into the cup and stir for 2-3 minutes until completely dissolved.
- You can flavor with apple or white grape juice.
- Take the first sachet mixture.
- Then drink 1 liter of water or clear fluid.
- Repeat the same step at 3:00 pm, 6:00 pm, and 9:00 pm.
- After the preparation is done you can drink water, apple juice, white grape juice, light tea, plain coffee, and carbonated beverages until 6 hours prior to the procedure.
Clear Liquid Diet
The type of liquids you can see light through such as:
- clear fruit juices (apple, white cranberry, white grape),
- beef or chicken broth,
- ginger ale,
- carbonated beverages (Sprite, 7-UP, tea (no milk),
- Popsicles, and Jelly (no red colors or dyes).
You can have yogurt, plain ice cream, sherbet, honey, and syrups.
Do not drink anything that has RED DYE.
Do not eat solid foods.
Do not drink milk or creamers.
Discuss any blood thinner medication use, such as aspirin, plavix, warfarin, heparin or novel anticoagulants, with your doctor prior to any endoscopic procedure.
Seek Care Right Away
If you have any of the following symptoms after a colonoscopy, seek medical care right away:
- severe pain in your abdomen
- bloody bowel movements that do not get better
- bleeding from the anus that does not stop